Our Committee / Trustee and our Child Protection Policy
(Sorry, all websites have a boring bit but this is very important so please have a read so you know that we have the best interests of our members, cast and children at the heart of everything we do).
If you can bring a skill to our management team and would like to get involved with us, please get in touch.
OFFICERS / TRUSTEES
President – Jennifer Mitchell
Chair – David Mitchell
Vice Chair – Vicky Garrod
Secretary – Rebecca Lawton
Treasurer – Steven Garrod
Junior Representatives –
Committee Members / Trustees
All committee members / trustees are checked by the Disclosure and Baring Service (CRB checks).
We have also undertaken First Aid Training to ensure the safety of our members.
Calder Valley Youth Theatre recognizes its duty of care under the Children and Young Persons Act 1963, the Child (Performances) Regulations 1968, the Protection of Children Act 1999 and the Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000.
The society recognises that abuse can take many forms, whether it be physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse or neglect. The society is committed to practice which protects children from harm. All members of the society accept and recognize their responsibilities to develop awareness of the issues which cause children harm.
The society believes that:
• All children will be treated equally and with respect and dignity;
• The welfare of each child will always be put first;
• A balanced relationship based on mutual trust will be built which empowers the children to share the decision making process;
• Enthusiastic and constructive feedback will be given rather than negative criticism;
• Bullying will not be accepted or condoned;
• All adult members of the society provide a positive role model for dealing with other people;
• Action will be taken to stop any inappropriate verbal or physical behaviour;
• It will keep up-to-date with health & safety legislation;
• It will keep informed of changes to legislation and policies for the protection of children;
• It will undertake relevant development and training;
• It will hold a register of every child involved with the society and will retain a contact name and number close at hand in case of emergencies.
The society has child protection procedures which accompany this policy. This policy should also be read in conjunction with the society’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
The society has a dedicated Child Protection Officer, who is in charge of ensuring that the child protection policy and procedures are adhered to.
That person’s name is Zoe Hygate and she can be contacted through the society.
This policy will be regularly monitored by the Executive Committee of the society and will be subject to annual review.
If you have any questions about the welfare of our members, please speak to a committee member.